Thursday, February 11, 2021

Today in lab, we used the ArcGIS Pro software to build a map of Escambia county, highlighting the rivers, cities, and roads nearest to the UWF Campus. I will not lie, scrolling through all that metadata was mind-numbing, and I did slam my head against the table at least once as my eyes blurred from staring at so many words and numbers I could barely recognize, but once I got into the swing of things it was just a matter of following the guide and creating the map. The whole process took me a good five hours, but admittedly that was mostly because I messed up at the start of the lab and copied the wrong cartography folder. Luckily the Lab Assistants helped me get back on track.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Geocoding

 A map of Brevard County, Florida with all of the schools marked. Everything from Elementary Schools to Universities is located. Using Excel...